PHOTOGRAPHY TRAINING TUESDAY – HOW TO CREATE SCHOOL CLASS COMPOSITE IMAGES
In today’s Training Tuesday blog, we are going to talk about the following:
- Class Composites –preparing for classroom composites
- ASMP Educational Event at H&H
Preparing for Automated Class Composites
H&H offers a great product for those school photography studios that need to provide class room composites to schools. These automated composites are available in the hhschools software. The design of these composites should fit the needs of 95% of your schools class composite requirements. Below are a few steps that we recommend which will make ordering these composites a simple process.
1. Deliver the composites “deferred” which means after retake day. In doing so, you will be able to include as many students with their class as possible and students with a retake will have their preferred picture included.
2. Accuracy of data is critical when producing composites. To make this process simple, hhschools supplies a report called “Subject Images & Data Report”. Think of it as a preliminary proof to the school.
We recommend that you group subjects the way you want your composites to appear, typically by teacher or homeroom. hhschools will print a report based on that group association. You can then send that report to the school asking them to verify the following information:
- All students are associated with correct classmates and teacher
- Any associate teachers or educational assistants are associated with correct classes and teacher
- Name spellings, titles, and salutations are correct for all school staff members
- Staff members are ranked correctly by class
- Student name spelling is correct
Once the school has verified this data, you are ready to order your composite photos!
All of this preparation is essential when it comes to delivering a quality product to the school.
The additional side benefit is that if this information is correct, then the yearbook CD’s you furnish should also be correct. If you have any questions about preparing for composites, please contact our customer service team.
Behind the Scenes of H&H Color Lab + Beyond the Arctic Circle
Thursday September 25th
ASMP-KC Mid-America Chapter has arranged for a rare opportunity for ASMP members and area photographers to get a behind-the-scenes tour of H&H Color Lab, one of the country’s top professional photo labs. We will be able to witness their detailed process of producing prints, photo albums and other products, and satisfy our technical curiosity with Q&A during the tour.
As an added attraction, Chapter President Jonathan Chester will give a presentation about his recent expeditions into the High Arctic: Beyond the Arctic Circle – Travel and Wildlife Photography around Svalbard, Norway. From polar bears in the wild to dramatic calving glaciers, Jonathan will share his exploits in this remote wilderness aboard a converted Russian research vessel as they navigated to 80 degrees north, just 600 miles from the North Pole.
Where: H&H Color Lab, 8906 E 67th Street Raytown, MO 64133
When: Thursday, September 25th. Social Hour begins at 6 PM and the hour-long tour commences at 6:30 PM. Beyond the Arctic Circle will begin at 7:45 PM.
Includes: Tour and presentation; drinks & refreshments; drawing for an H&H Print Voucher door prize.
Space on the tour is limited, so please Register Now. The evening is free to all ASMP Members and by donation for Guests.