- The Connection Newsletter
- Employee Highlight
- Meet Our Customers & Speakers
- New Photo Products
- Photography Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Photography Training Tuesdays
- School Photography
- Sports Photography
- Wedding Photography
- Guide To Photography Jobs
- Photographic Industry Trends
- WordPress for Photographers
Pinterest…a photographic dream come true!
As photographers we all know that people love to look at pictures. Pinterest lets its members upload images to bulletin boards and share their “pinboards” with over 10 million unique visitors each month. Whether you are looking for graphical ideas, showing off some of your best stuff or just getting a feel for what kind of images are popular, Pinterest will definitely become habit forming.
Pinterest offers you a large audience of image aficionados…for free! It is also a great place to make sales as the demographics on Pinterest are compelling. The majority of Pinterest regulars are female and more than 25 percent of them have incomes over $100,000, so don’t forget to put up your best stuff.
Pinterest is a unique social media network due to its visual nature. Creative graphics that appeal to any audience is a creative endeavor that can have a big payoff. Developing the “pins” that your market wants is the way to go. You can also use Pinterest to build influence within your personal niche. The bonus is that Pinterest is really easy to use, which explains its large, active and exploding user base.
The Pinterest Advantage
Becoming a leader on Pinterest is more than just being a prolific user; you need to take advantage of all the tools and benefits that Pinterest offers. Almost 70 percent of Pinterest users are women, and they spend an average of more than 15 minutes a day on the site. If you want to address this audience…you need to be there too!
- Gauge Consumer Insight – You can use Pinterest to test the marketability of a new product or service. Pinterest analytics will allow you to know how many people pinned your boards and what pins are the most popular. Insight into what your target audience wants will allow you to optimize your products to match today’s customer preferences.
- A Traffic Enhancer – Pinterest will help you bring customers right to your best work. Image and product intensive businesses list Pinterest as by far the best traffic builder for increased “buzz,” not to mention enhanced product sales.
- Build High Value Connections – Create a group board and invite others to contribute. This is a very valuable way to connect with other movers and shakers. If you are creative and promote your boards, you will connect with others and become a significant influencer.
- Find New Innovative Ideas – Browsing around other boards on Pinterest will help you develop new creative ideas that meet developing image popularity trends. Pinterest users are very product and service driven.
- Broadcast your best Work – Boards are ideal for advertising what you do. You are in a visual business…and Pinterest users gravitate towards images and graphic…that is why they are there.
- Become a leader – Through your own boards and through the pins that you share from others you can develop the status as a “thought leader” in your target market segments.
Pinterest and photography were made for each other. The opportunities are virtually without limit, so spend a little time there and see what I mean.
Guest post by Georgia McCabe follow her on Google+ – As an author, speaker, trainer and social media and photography evangelist, her perspectives on social media appear in print in her newest book entitled “SocialMorphosis – Transforming Your Business through Social Media”. Georgia is also a co-author of the book “The Relationship Age”, with social media guru Mari Smith. Georgia is a frequent guest blogger for our professional photography lab.
No related posts.